Rock and Roll: An american story
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation is a 501(c)(3) established by Steven Van Zandt. Rock and Roll: An American Story (RRAS) is the Foundation’s national middle and high school curriculum initiative. Created to address the challenges of an environment in which schools face cuts to arts funding, RRAS includes arts-driven materials designed to keep students engaged and in school. Our groundbreaking curriculum is available at no cost to educators. Key features include:
- Lesson plans covering topics in social studies, general music, language arts, media studies, and more
- Alignment with Common Core and other national and state education standards
- Multimedia support materials featuring timelines, biographies, interviews with legends of popular music
- Rich historical resources, including archival materials from partner organizations Reelin’ In the Years, ABC News, and Rock’s Backpages
- A teacher section dedicated to professional development
To access these materials and learn more about the curriculum, visit teachrock.org.